This quilted journal was suppose to be
a heart shaped pot holder. Problem was the graph paper that I thought was 4 squares to and inch turned out to be 4 squares to 3/4″. So as I cut out and sewed together what I thought should have been 1″ squares my project grew to be too big for my hot pad template. And although I could have still cut it out the design would not have fit the way I had intended.
DD came home from school about this time. When I told her what I had done she said, “Be a problem solver” Something I tell her all the time. So I took the wise advice she had received from her very wise mother (hee, hee) and turned my problem into a solution.
I now have a fun quilted journal cover to keep or give as a gift.
Linking up with Sarah to celebrate this problem solved finish.
Good job as a problem solver – wise advice too!
Very nice journal cover -and a great way to solve the problem!! Whoop whoop!! And by the way, if you ever get that pot holder made, it's going to look fabulous!!
You did a great job!
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
Isn't great to find out that they do listen to what we have to say!
Beautiful pattern by the way.
A great design! This would be fun made up into a large quilt, too!
Que gran idea tubo usted con los triángulos!.
Diseño moderno si los hay.
Your project reminds me of the lines on a heart monitor.