I ran out of background for my DWR and have been wanting to start a few new projects to use up some scraps. So while I wait for my background fabric to arrive I’m diving into my scraps. My lights and blacks bins were overflowing. I had seen a cute little log cabin block on pintrest that I thought would make a cute quilt using this color way. So I started cutting 2 1/2″ strips from my bins. Then cut a few 2 1/2″ red squares for the centers.
I had been cutting as I go pieces for my funfetti quilt. Since I had the light bin out I decided to get it all cut out. After the lights were cut I went through all the color bins and added 1 1/2″ strips for the chain pieces.
I had several scraps of varying shades of grey and decided they would make a great, simple masculine quilt. So I cut them into 3 1/2″. I’m looking forward to seeing how this comes together.
With all this cutting done I’m ready to sew, sew, sew.