This little quilt has been sitting on the clothes line for quite some time. I ran out of sashing material. The blocks sat in a plastic Ziploc while I looked for more sashing. I never found an exact match so I got a close second. Instead of putting it together then I put the binding in the bag and let them hangout together.
In March I pulled them out and got busy it didn’t take long to finish the top. Then back on the clothes line, just not for as long. Last week I sandwiched and quilted it. I echoed the flowers and repeated the look in the sashing blocks. Bound it with a thin binding, case I was about to run out of fabric again. Don’t know how long it would have remained a UFO if I hadn’t opted for the skinny binding. Fortunately I squeezed in just enough strips and it is finally a finish.
I’m linking up with Sarah to give it a well deserved Whoop Whoop.