After auditioning backgrounds I settled on a scrappy combination of subtle greens, yellows and blues. I sewed all the triangles; points centers and background in rows. There is a diagram for doing this in my Sea Star pattern. Then sewed the rows together. It is fun to watch as each star comes together. Progress is so exciting! 🙂
I’ve started adding borders. I probably should have gone a little wider on my borders but was worried about running out of fabric. I bought it on line and I’m not quite sure which Kona solid it is or I would have ordered more. So I opted for smaller borders. Hope I don’t regret that move. Linking up with Sherri today for Scraps Monday. Hope you find a little time to play in your scrap bin today.
this looks lovely–I like those scrappy triangles in the background. hugs, Julierose
Love the contrast, colors and pattern, well, that would be all of it. Good background. I'll have to try that someday.
I love how they pop on the watery shades. Really fun and awesome.
That looks fabulous! I love how the stars pop.
I love this…the low volume triangle background is just perfect, too!
So fun seeing this quilt come together. It's gorgeous!
This project is coming along so well, lovely scrappy stars around the spider webs.
I like the neutral background with the bright scrappy stars. I working on a scrappy project myself and am trying to figure out the background…thanks for the inspiration!
I love how much your stars pop on the muted background!
What a beauty!!! And all those point MATCH – that is just super!!!