I’ve joined Myra’s PhD again this year. It is just the motivation I need to get a few more quilts done. I’ve committed to four finishes by June. On my list is this fun beauty. I’ve decided it needs to be a little bigger so I need to make a few more blocks. I’m planning on quilting it with pearl cotton. I’m not sure what the binding will be. I’ve got to think on that. Next are these scrappy stars. I’m going to make them into a lap size version of the quilt in my header. I love how changing up the fabric in a quilt changes the quilt so dramaticly. If your interested in making this great scrap buster the pattern is available here.
Then there is this quilt that has been hanging around for a couple of years. My friend gave me this pattern and I’m trying to use up all the 1 1/2″ squares I had cut when I tried to organize my scraps into usable sizes. This method didn’t work for me. Probably has to do with the fact that cutting fabric is my least favorite part of quilting so I just ended up with a huge bin of scraps under my cutting table. Thank heaven I found Jody’s method. It works so much better for me. Anyway this quilt has put a dent in those little squares. It just needs all the elements put together. I think I’m even going to try mittered corners on the piano key sashing.
Then last but not least is my wonky log cabin. Here it is pinned and ready for quilting.
Thanks Myra for the motivation I need to finish a few more quilts. I’m really looking forward to having these to snuggle and enjoy.