You may remember I was looking for a solution to my overflowing blues scrap bin. I choose this quilt and had cut out the blocks. Well, I’ve sewn up a bunch of the blocks and wanted to start playing with them on the design wall.
Because these blocks will be set on point I needed to make some setting blocks. I had set aside pieces for this but had not yet cut them out. So yesterday I started cutting using the same method as I had with the blocks. Just one strip and cutting both squares and triangles from it. Yes I love my half square and quarter square ruler that allows me to do this.
Here is one setting triangle ready to piece.
Hoping to have them all sewn and a top done this weekend while away with friends.