Happy Halloween! To celebrate I’m sharing my progress on a spiderweb quilt. I started a while back. This time with a navy kite to create the star. My first spiderweb combined scrappy strips with different colored stars. I called it Stellar Stars Caught in a Web. Mostly because I did the big stitch quilting while receiving treatment in the infusion lab. Where I met the most amazing people. Learn more and see the quilt.
My next spiderweb I used a large print for the kites. Next I pulled solids and bright prints for the webs. Rather than random webs I made them in rings. This quilt is named Citrus Spin. It took some planning and more than a little brain effort to make those rings. But I’m very pleased with the results.
I’ve decided to make this next spiderweb quilt my current leaders and enders project. Doing so has sped up my progress. I now have a lovely pile of blocks. I’m half way there. Maybe more if I decide to do a border rather than just blocks. When I get a dozen more block made I’ll start experimenting on the design wall.