Back in November I used my Accuquilt Go to cut out this quilt. It didn’t quite turn out the way I had envisioned. First I didn’t take into account that the cut I made would result in my blocks not being square. I fixed that problem changing the pattern and lining up so that the long sides ran one way and the short sides another.
Next I realized that I had cut some of the blocks so they were a mirror of the others. This happened when I didn’t put all the pieces didn’t get turned so that the right side was facing up. I added those to the back. All in all I’m pretty pleased with this little quilt.
Also this week at our Quilty Hug sew in I put together these blocks. All the fabric came from my scrap bin and I used the Go to cut the pieces. I sure do love that tool. Makes the necessary evil of cutting so much easier. My dear friend, Ruthie, pieced the blocks. I had fun arranging them. I wasn’t quite sure how this would turn out.
I think that once again my scrap bin has produced a pretty great quilt. No wonder scrap quilts are my favorite.