Last week at my quilt guild we had a sew in to make a quilt similar to this one. I got busy sewing and forgot to take a picture of the example we had. In that one each star was outlined by an accent fabric.
In preparing for the class I failed to notice that the accent color strips were cut a 1/2″ smaller than the rest of the strips. I thought I would be okay. So I just started making blocks. I got this far and realized I was not liking the effect. Rather than reverse sew I’ll put them on the back of the quilt.
Instead I just started over. I’m much happier with these blocks. Plus I believe this adjustment will make the quilt easier to quilt, since the pieces on the end are bigger and not adding to the bulk were blocks come together.
I hope you’ve had more success than me this week moving things forward. Link up and let us see your progress.
I love the colors and think they look great. The back is always the perfect place for our less than loved blocks.
You and I measure success and progress by different standards, Em. Those mistakes and oopses are all part of the learning process, and I like both versions. Beautiful fabric combinations, by the way — the yellow and orange just leap out like stars in the night sky!
lol. There are some sewing days that we all need re-dos. That keeps us humble. I'm sure you will put them to good use.
working on scraps and found a ton of strings!
Love spider web quilts. Scrappy but focused!
Love your bright colored outline in your spider web quilt. Beautiful. I made a ton of progress this week due to the holiday weekend AND a SNOW DAY!!! Woohoo, no school!
I like both versions and love the happy ending.
Hey, you've already got part of the back done. Congrats. Going to be a colorful quilt that uses up a lot of strips.