I decided to go with my plan of aqua for the mini dresdens. I had only been looking in my aqua scrap bin. After all this is a scrap quilt. But my heart was set on aqua so I branched out to my leftover pre cut bin and found a few layer cake and charm squares that would work. I now have my aqua dresdens.
I’m happy I stuck with the plan. I think they will be the perfect addition to the larger red dresdens. I need to get them sewn on the background and all the centers appliqued.
I’ve also started a new scrap project for Sarah’s Scrumptious Scraps quilt along. My strips bins was full and overflowing so that is where my inspiration came. I look forward to sharing my creation with you in March along with a tutorial.
Make sure you follow along on Sarah’s blog. Lot of talented quilters will be sharing scrap quilts and tutorials so you can make your own. And now it’s your turn to share what your moving along. Link up and let us see your progress.