fbpx Skip to main content

Moving It Forward

If you have followed my blog for very long you know that most of my scrap quilts come about out when a certain bin gets so full the lid will no longer fit.  Such was the case of my beige, gray and black bins. Inspired bythis quilt from Quiltdivajulie, I started thinning the bins.  I pulled all strips and chunks big enough to create strips.  

Next I cut the chunks into strips.  Then sewed same sized strips into long pieces.  I altered the angle I laid my strips onto a foundation. (Just an old sheet I purchased at a thrift store cut into 10 1/2″ squares.)  Then started sewing the strips on.  I tried to keep them in the same order, but failed miserably.  Managing three different strips sizes in three different colors was too much for my feeble mind.  I’m going to let that fail add to the character of this quilt.  So far I’ve got 16 blocks made that are creating some funky diamonds.  I’m looking forward to seeing how these funky diamonds progress.

Now I’m looking forward to seeing what you are moving forward.  It brightens my Monday.  A day that is often in need of brightening.  Link up and let us cheer you on.


Leave a Reply